The following requirements applies to any frontend implementation:
- A frontend MAY do mostly whatever it wants to, including creating threads, opening TCP ports and exposing Mopidy for a group of clients.
- A frontend MUST implement at least one Pykka actor, called the “main actor” from here on.
- The main actor MUST accept two constructor arguments:
config, which is a dict structure with the entire Mopidy configuration.
core, which will be an
ActorProxyfor the core actor. This object gives access to the full Core API.
- It MAY use additional actors to implement whatever it does, and using actors in frontend implementations is encouraged.
- The frontend is enabled if the extension it is part of is enabled. See Extension development for more information.
- The main actor MUST be able to start and stop the frontend when the main actor is started and stopped.
- The frontend MAY require additional config values to be set for it to work.
- Such config values MUST be documented.
- The main actor MUST raise the
mopidy.exceptions.FrontendErrorwith a descriptive error message if the defined config values are not adequate for the frontend to work properly.
- Any actor which is part of the frontend MAY implement the
mopidy.core.CoreListenerinterface to receive notification of the specified events.